Trainee Accountant - Everest Insurance (Ireland) dac
The Company is part of a global insurance group, writing predominantly Credit and Political Risk and Casualty, General Liability and Property insurance on a worldwide business.
The candidate will be part of a team of 15 based in central Dublin and supported from London and New Jersey. The company is growing and as a result of that we are looking to fill a Trainee Accountant role.
We are looking for someone who enjoys a varied role, capable of working to deadlines, happy to work in a small team, be professional and use their initiative.
The Finance Department is currently a team of 2 reporting to the CFO.
• Posting journals into GL system (Oracle Peoplesoft)
• Month-end close reporting
• Run GL reports to assist with account reconciliations
• Preparation of monthly balance sheet and income statement reconciliations
• Intercompany reconciliations
• Multi-Currency bank reconciliations
• Maintenance of Fixed assets register
• Preparation of quarterly accruals and prepayments
• Preparation of expense analysis and monthly expense variance analysis report
• Bi-monthly preparation of VAT return
• Support with external audit queries
• Provide backup for the processing of payments on on-line banking system and updating of the bank transactions into the general ledger
• Accurate recording of employee expenses on the general ledger
• Supporting finance projects
• Identifying process improvements
• Assist with year-end reporting
• Input to the finance internal control framework
Required Skills, Knowledge and Characteristics:
• Strong end user computing skills in particular MS Excel (intermediate), Word and PowerPoint
• Good communication skills and strong attention to detail
• Good organisational and problem solving skills.
• Ability to work to tight deadlines
• The candidate will be a self-starter, have the ability to work on their own initiative as well as being flexible, energetic and capable of working as part of a team.
• The role holder will be required to embrace the Everest Core Values; collaboration, thoughtful assumption of risk, execution, humility and leadership.
• The Everest Core Values are the foundation upon which we (a) conduct our work, and (b) conduct ourselves both internally with our colleagues, and externally with clients/customers. The Company's success and that of our employees begins with these values. All employees are expected to support and exhibit these values in their interactions with others and through their day-to-day responsibilities.
• A Business/Finance/Accountancy or relevant Degree
• The candidate will have successfully completed several accountancy exams or hold exemptions with a professional accountancy body and are in pursuit of a professional accountancy qualification (ACA/ACCA/CIMA)
• The role is a Trainee Accountant role, candidates with working experience in an Accounting position or recent graduates will be considered