Mercator IT Solutions

Mercator IT Solutions London, UK
24/01/2019
Contractor
Senior DevOps Consultant/Engineer - (Single Sign On), IAM, AWS, Terraform, Puppet, Jenkins My client is looking for a DevOps/Security Consultant who has strong experience specifically with the technologies below: Ping Federate 8.4 upwards (ideally 9.x) Ping Access 4.3 upwards (ideally 5.x) Container technologies (Docker, AMIs) AWS specifics o Secrets manager o User and role management Scripting and deployment configuration languages o Terraform o Puppet o Jenkins (build & deployment pipeline management) LDAP know-how is much appreciated (currently Oracle Unified Directory, potentially Ping Directory in the future) Web technologies in general (certificates management, OAuth/OIDC) Test automation/Scripting Mercator IT Solutions provides services as an agency and an employment business.
Mercator IT Solutions London, UK
24/01/2019
Contractor
Application Discovery Engineer is required by my client based in Central London for an immediate start. Business Application Discovery Application testing, remediation and packaging Mercator IT Solutions provides services as an agency and an employment business
Mercator IT Solutions London, UK
23/01/2019
Contractor
My client has a requirement for 4x security assurance testing Analysts/Auditors to perform security assurance activities across their entities based on their security assurance framework. Objectives : Support the Information Security Control and Assurance Team complete Secondary Assurance Activities, supporting the strategy and roadmap for 2019 Engage with Entities to plan and execute secondary assurance activities against their implementation of controls Ensure all secondary assurance activities are completed as per the defined roadmap, aim to contribute towards conducting approximately 62 Assessments. Main tasks Plan and execute secondary assurance assessments (testing and evidence-based reviews) based on the Assurance Framework - these will include Controls Self Assessments (CSA) Controls and evidence review, Data Loss Prevention (DLP) Controls and any new additions to the assurance framework Individual Assessments are expected to cover approximately 50-60 controls, including the review of supporting evidences and each engagement is expected to last approximately 7 days Auditor/Analyst is expected to manage numerous engagements running is parallel, coordinated by a central member of the Assurance Team Controls to be tested have been defined, execution and engagement procedures have been defined, and consultants are expected to work under supervision to execute. Liaise with and build relations with the Entity Security Teams, Local Entity Chief Security Officers to ensure all requirements for Secondary Assurance Activities are completed Based on the assessment result, draft and agree reports that are issued to the Entities and the Group security boards. Conduct short assessments and quality assure ISO 27001 assessment results on behalf of assessors and the Entities Provide opinions on results and consultative advice. Be available for troubleshooting and general support for the Assurance team Transpose results in to central Group Repositories Assist the Information Security Controls and Assurance Team to conduct analysis of results and determine trends etc Skills required Previous security auditing skills Good understanding of ISO 27001, ideally ISO 27001:2013 implementor qualification Report production Reporting in English (written and oral presentations) is mandatory. This may include putting together documents, consultancy as well as presenting training workshops for assurance initiatives Stakeholder engagement Previous experience of working with assurance/controls frameworks eg IT General Controls, ISO 27001, NIST etc. Security Auditing Ability to conduct security audits against various control sets (ISO 27001 etc.) Ability to understand control objectives and analyse various control requirements when reviewing implemented controls and evidences Be able to interpret various types of control evidences, be able to request specific control evidence types Good understanding of the types of security risks and threats that controls mitigate Familiarity with control maturity assessments Familiarity with ISO 27001 audits, evidence reviewing Ability of assessing and sampling controls to provide confidence about a wide set of controls in limited timescales. Controls Analysis Be pragmatic and be able to understand how controls may be implemented to meet the intended control objectives Help Entities articulate their control implementation and where needed understand how controls are implemented to achieve their objectives Be able to assess pragmatically the effectiveness and strengths of controls. Be able to provide recommendations and advice on any improvements needed Data Loss prevention Demonstrates a good understanding of the principles and requirements for data loss prevention Good understanding of typical procedural and technical controls to prevent the loss of data Ability to explain and describe technical controls Be able to describe technical controls to non-technical people Be able to help others understand control requirements and objectives
Mercator IT Solutions Crowborough TN6 2QN, UK
22/01/2019
Full time
Mercator IT Solutions Ltd is a specialist IT consultancy and recruitment firm serving clients who require experts with niche skills. Working in both the public and private sector we tailor our services to the client's needs, offering a full consultative approach to IT solutions or a simpler recruitment service. Formed in 2006, Mercator has enjoyed long relationships with blue chip clients, central government departments and smaller private companies both in the UK and in Europe. We foster a flexible approach to our service provision and the environment we therefore provide for our staff is both dynamic and fast-paced. We are looking for a Business Development Manager to join our friendly team. You will be experienced in working in the IT industry and have a proven track record in both the private and public sector. You will be comfortable building business from scratch and be a driven individual who can work autonomously and as part of a team. You will previously have generated £250k+ profit per year in a similar role. If you think you've got what it takes, please contact Martin Drewitt on (see below).
Mercator IT Solutions Crowborough TN6 2QN, UK
22/01/2019
Full time
Mercator IT Solutions Ltd is a specialist IT consultancy and recruitment firm serving clients who require experts with niche skills. Working in both the public and private sector we tailor our services to the client's needs, offering a full consultative approach to IT solutions or a simpler recruitment service. Formed in 2006, Mercator has enjoyed long relationships with blue chip clients, central government departments and smaller private companies both in the UK and in Europe. We foster a flexible approach to our service provision and the environment we therefore provide for our staff is both dynamic and fast-paced. We are looking for a Consultant to join our friendly team. You will be experienced in working in the IT industry and have a proven track record in both the private and public sector, generating £250k+ profit per year You will be comfortable building business from scratch and be a driven individual who can work autonomously and as part of a team You will be able to find new clients, find suitable candidates, collaborate effectively with an administrative team and manage the whole placement process If you think you've got what it takes, please contact Martin Drewitt on (see below).
Mercator IT Solutions Crowborough TN6 2QN, UK
22/01/2019
Full time
Mercator IT Solutions Ltd is a specialist IT consultancy and recruitment firm serving clients who require experts with niche skills. Working in both the public and private sector we tailor our services to the client's needs, offering a full consultative approach to IT solutions or a simpler recruitment service. Formed in 2006, Mercator has enjoyed long relationships with blue chip clients, central government departments and smaller private companies both in the UK and in Europe. We foster a flexible approach to our service provision and the environment we therefore provide for our staff is both dynamic and fast-paced. We are looking for a Business Development Manager to join our friendly team. You will be experienced in working in the IT industry and have a proven track record in both the private and public sector. You will be comfortable building business from scratch and be a driven individual who can work autonomously and as part of a team. You will previously have generated £250k+ profit per year in a similar role. If you think you've got what it takes, please contact Martin Drewitt on (see below).
Mercator IT Solutions Crowborough TN6 2QN, UK
22/01/2019
Full time
Mercator IT Solutions Ltd is a specialist IT consultancy and recruitment firm serving clients who require experts with niche skills. Working in both the public and private sector we tailor our services to the client's needs, offering a full consultative approach to IT solutions or a simpler recruitment service. Formed in 2006, Mercator has enjoyed long relationships with blue chip clients, central government departments and smaller private companies both in the UK and in Europe. We foster a flexible approach to our service provision and the environment we therefore provide for our staff is both dynamic and fast-paced. We are looking for a Consultant to join our friendly team. You will be experienced in working in the IT industry and have a proven track record in both the private and public sector, generating £250k+ profit per year You will be comfortable building business from scratch and be a driven individual who can work autonomously and as part of a team You will be able to find new clients, find suitable candidates, collaborate effectively with an administrative team and manage the whole placement process If you think you've got what it takes, please contact Martin Drewitt on (see below).
Mercator IT Solutions London, UK
18/01/2019
Contractor
Senior Storage Engineer - Windows, DFS My client requires a Senior Storage Engineer to provide subject matter expertise to analyse the end to end data flow and understand hardware/software performance constraints. You will have a detailed understanding of the protocols that allows DFS to talk to Windows Mercator IT Solutions provides services as an agency and an employment business
Mercator IT Solutions London, UK
18/01/2019
Contractor
Technical Consultant - Panzura SME, Azure, Windows, DFS My client requires a Technical Consultant with strong Panzura knowledge to provide subject matter expertise to analyse the end to end data flow and understand hardware/software performance constraints. You will have a detailed understanding of the protocols that allows DFS to talk between Windows, Panzura and Azure block storage.Very detailed knowledge of all of these products will be required and how they interact. Currently the end client has 10% of their data hosted in the cloud (Azure) via Panzura and they are looking to forecast their ability to migrate the remaining 90%. Initial load of the 10% hasn't been too smooth, as such the project stalled as the vendor wasn't able to discover what the causes were or provide any assurance that the remaining 90% load will work. There are six devices globally spread, each of which should be able to suitable service 2,500 connections. Mercator IT Solutions provides services as an agency and an employment business
Mercator IT Solutions London, UK
18/01/2019
Contractor
Scope of services and deliverables are detailed below: Reinforce the L2 team in the Security Operation Centre Review and analysis of the alerts raised by the level1: triage, first level of analysis and investigation around Security alerts. Tuning of the Use Cases (UC) applied to the log sources Communication with internal customers to tune and to understand their context Test and validation of new Use Cases developed Improvement of the tooling to continuously look for optimization, efficiency of the SOC Detection Skills required Security knowledge Knowledge on security tools: IDPS, Firewall, Proxy, DDoS, WAF, AV, EDR, VPN, IAM Knowledge on security methodology: ISO27xxx Knowledge on current security threats SOC experience Good experience in security analysis and in understanding of security threats and scenarios of attacks Knowledge of SIEM Tools (Arcsight, or any other SIEM) Excellent analytical skills Field experience Strong experience in IT operations Team Spirit Good communication capabilities Customer-oriented mindset English Very good written and spoken (international context) Experience 3 years in security with SOC/SIEM experience Confidential Expected deliverables Review of the tickets processed for all the tickets falling into the responsibility of the analyst in respect of time and quality Use of email and/or ticketing tool Create/manage tickets for the tuning of UCs for the perimeter the analyst is accountable for Deliver minutes of tuning meetings with customers Deliver design and specifications for new UCs Deliver/update guidelines for the L1 Use of ticketing tool Deliver documentation for all improvement activities All activities need to be documented in the SOC repository.
Mercator IT Solutions London, UK
18/01/2019
Contractor
Senior Storage Consultant - Azure, Windows, DFS My client requires a Senior Storage Consultant to provide subject matter expertise to analyse the end to end data flow and understand hardware/software performance constraints. You will have a detailed understanding of the protocols that allows DFS to talk between Windows, Panzura and Azure block storage.Very detailed knowledge of all of these products will be required and how they interact. Currently the end client has 10% of their data hosted in the cloud (Azure) via Panzura and they are looking to forecast their ability to migrate the remaining 90%. Initial load of the 10% hasn't been too smooth, as such the project stalled as the vendor wasn't able to discover what the causes were or provide any assurance that the remaining 90% load will work. There are six devices globally spread, each of which should be able to suitable service 2,500 connections. Mercator IT Solutions provides services as an agency and an employment business