Claims Handler – EOW or Home Emergency or AD
Based in Tonbridge
Our large client based in Tonbridge are looking for several claims handlers across various areas of the business.
This role is working within either Escape of Water Claims Handling or Home Emergency or AD.
* Advising policyholders on general queries and insurance claims issues for relevant or related peril
* Building policy-holder confidence by developing rapport and listening to each and every policy holder specifically
* Checking that the policy covers the claims
* Taking a methodical approach to each claim and working through the processes with each policy holder
* Requesting and gathering documents and information from customers such as receipts, photographs or accident reports
* Arranging for payment to be made within authority levels
* Managing a portfolio of claims through prioritising by individual circumstances from set up to settlement
* Liaising between internal teams, third party suppliers and policy holders, ensuring that all are updated to ensure the smooth and timely progression of claims
* Performance of basic fraud checks, and escalating any fraud alerts or suspicious circumstances to the Counter Fraud team
* Managing multiple activities by prioritising important and urgent tasks whilst maintaining the focus on the policy holder
* Negotiating settlement of claims both verbally and in writing
* Assisting with overflow calls during peak times where necessary
* Constantly seeking improvements in how we deliver excellent customer service
* Experience of working in an insurance claims handling role is essential, whether from the repairs or the claims side.
* Ideally will have knowledge of the building repair process from drying through to completion, or good knowledge of the escape of water peril.
* Tact and assertiveness when dealing with customers who may be distressed or angry
* Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
* Ability to take on increased ownership and responsibility when necessary.
* Good spoken and written communication skills
* Accuracy and attention to detail
* Excellent organisation and time management skills
* PC literate with good administrative skills