We have an excellent job opportunity for a Digital Engagement Manager for this leading UK charity in Banbury.
About the Charity
This organisation is the leading charity providing support, community and advocacy for all those parenting or supporting children who cannot live with their birth parents. They connect adoptive families, provide information and signposting on a range of adoption-related issues and campaign for improvements to adoption policy and legislation at the highest levels. With over 8,000 members, they provide a strong, supportive community and are the largest voice of adopters in the UK.
About the Role
As Digital Engagement Manager you will increase digital engagement with the public (adopters, adoptees and beyond). You will create and lead implementation of a digital engagement strategy, in order to help:
• Provide a dynamic and supportive network for members and non-members
• Drive and improve membership
• Influence decision makers
• Increase our profile and build our brand
About the Responsibilities
• Contribute to the achievement of Key Performance Indicators for two teams: Membership; Public Affairs & Communications;
• Work with Comms Manager to create engaging website content, including A/V content and new engagement tools, across all 4 national sites and the main site;
• Make major contribution to social media strategy and implementation, working closely with Communications Manager, Director of Public Affairs & Communications and Membership Manager;
• Lead on paid acquisition (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram) and online advertising;
• Lead on engagement with, and development of, online forums;
• Lead on strategy and content for second phase of Link Maker engagement project, working closely with Membership team and with Online Officer;
• Lead on specific online membership and fundraising campaigns, working closely with membership team and Income Development Manager;
• Participate in advocacy campaign planning to help inform campaign tactics;
• Work with Online Officer to gather and interpret online analysis, and help relevant staff make use of it to improve our work;
• Directly manage Online Officer and volunteer forum ‘super users’, ensuring they have the support and clarity they need to succeed in their roles;
• Work with Director of Communications & Public Affairs and Income Development Manager to put together funding bids.
Experience, education, qualifications & Knowledge
• Significant experience using digital channels and tools to engage the public
• In-depth expertise in a range of digital marketing techniques
• Comfortable with a wide range of tools used for researching, monitoring and analysing audience engagement across the digital space.
• Significant experience in creating digital supporter journeys that complement and reinforce offline approaches
• Understanding of issues facing adoptive families, and enthusiasm for the mission of the charity
Skills & Abilities
• Works on own initiative; self-directing and flexible
• Excellent team working – ability to work across multiple teams, with people in a variety of roles and at all levels of seniority
• Good interpersonal skills.
• Excellent communication skills, especially the ability to create compelling marketing plans and digital content
• Empathic listening skills, able to deal with issues that affect adoptees and adopters, such as trauma and loss.
• Compliance with internal policies and procedures
• Enthusiastic and committed to achieving high standards and meeting agreed objectives
• Takes an active interest in recognising professional and personal development needs and priorities within the charity
About the Rewards
In the role of Digital Engagement Manager you will work 35 hours per week, Monday to Friday. Our client's terms and conditions of employment offer generous staff benefits, including:
• A salary of £31,704 per annum
• Pension provision equivalent to 3% of salary.
• 25 days’ annual holiday (pro rata for part-time staff), rising to 27 days after two years’ service and 30 days after five years’ service.
• Additional leave over the Christmas period.
• Enhanced entitlement to sick pay.
• Enhanced entitlements to maternity, paternity, adoption and dependants leave and pay.
• Free parking.
• Free tea, coffee and soft drinks.
• Discounts on big name retails, leisure etc through our Advantage Scheme.
• Flexible working
The closing date for this position is 4 November and interviews will take place week commencing 13 November.
How to Apply
Please note that eRecruitSmart is a Recruitment Agent and not a direct employer. Your CV will be sent to the Hiring Manager at the company who is responsible for the vacancy that you have applied to. Please only apply if you consent to these terms.
You must have eligibility to work in the UK. Please note, only suitable applicants will be contacted. If your address and contact details are not on your CV, you will not be considered.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Fundraising, charity, not for profit, digital marketing, content, seo, social media