Job Title: Lead Steering (EPAS) Integration Engineer
Location: West Midlands
Salary: up to £53,000 + bonus + relocation assistance + excellent benefits package
As the Steering Integration Engineer in the Steering Wheels and Tyres (SWaT) team, you'll coordinate the design, development, testing and introduction of software and functionality. Working cross-functionally within the business and with suppliers, you'll lead the technical delivery and develop software integration plans to ensure delivery against required cost, quality and time while supporting the lead component engineers.
* Deliver the EPAS/RWS Software Integration plan to quality, cost and time, including supporting the Lead Component Engineer with WERS input information.
* Work with In Vehicle Software Programmes (e.g. VECTOR CANALYZER, INCA and other supplier tools etc) to work in vehicle with software, validating functionality and diagnosing/fixing issues.
* Own and deliver the Software Engineering Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) deliverables
* Manage Change Request, expenditure forecasting and the relevant supplier teams in support of delivery of the programme milestones
* Manage vehicle test plans, including detailed planning of test and development stages through to sign off and support Engineering test teams with rectification of issues.
* Work closely with vehicle attribute teams and the supplier to develop software functionality and calibrations to achieve targets
* Ensure all appropriate standards are met through-out software releasing activities
* Provide input into new feature developments
* Ability to author and verify EPAS/RWS functionality specification documents to ensure that the EPAS/RWS system delivered by the supplier will meet requirements
* Ability to operate CAN tools to interrogate vehicle networks, read logs and use the data to confirm functionality or solve problems
* Ability to plan in detail software delivery and testing
* Ability to manage the workload contribution from the supplier and the supporting team members
* Ability to perform testing on vehicles at a range of locations (predominantly Gaydon), report on results and resolve issues.
Applicants must have eligibility to work in EU without restriction or sponsorship