Domestic Abuse Support Worker / Independent Domestic Abuse Advocate (IDVA) with additional responsibilities for BME communities, offering a salary of £22,818 plus pension - Bolton.
To ensure the provision of support and advocacy services to clients including those from BME communities who have been referred to MARAC & are experiencing or have experienced Domestic Abuse. To organise, manage and develop the work with victims of Domestic Abuse to ensure that the provision of support is at all times delivered to a high standard and to develop networks and partnerships thus increasing the role of the service within the Bolton community.
Skills, Knowledge & Work Experience:
A sound knowledge and understanding of Domestic Violence/ Abuse and associated issues
A sound understanding of MARAC procedures
Knowledge and understanding of BME communities and associated issues
An ability to communicate effectively in English and at least one other relevant Community Language
Experience of working with clients and service providers and agencies in either a statutory, voluntary, social or community setting
Knowledge and understanding of safeguarding
Excellent IT Skills incl. Outlook, Word, Excel
Current, valid driving licence, must be able to provide a suitable vehicle for work
The role of Independent Domestic Abuse Advocate (IDVA):
* Liaise with Operations Manager to receive referrals of victims of Domestic Abuse
* Decide on the most appropriate method of offering support to clients in accordance with MARAC protocol and within the resources available
* Provide bespoke support this includes lone working in the victims own home
* Undertake when required joint visits with other agencies, to victims of Domestic Abuse (this will be within the victim’s own homes or a safe location)
* Assess the risk the client is in and ensure that the delivery of our service is appropriate to this level of risk.
* Signpost clients to other services/agencies as appropriate
* Ensure that all correspondence and telephone enquiries are dealt with promptly and appropriately
* Ensure accurate records of referrals and action taken are kept
* Assist with the management of recording of statistical information of referrals in accordance with policy and ensure accurate and regular monitoring is provided to the Manager on a monthly basis, within set timescales
* Ensure the maintenance and security of files and records in accordance with data Protection legislation and GDPR.
* Undertake all administrative work as required to meet the needs of the role and to ensure the efficient organisation of the project
* Follow up where necessary work on behalf of cases; contact with other agencies and obtaining specialist advice where necessary
* Monitor standard and effectiveness of work with clients and deal appropriately with cases requiring further action or referral to other agencies
Develop Local Links/Networks and Represent Paws for Kids Endeavour Project
* Maintain a good knowledge of the local area, local voluntary groups and statutory agencies especially services for BME families.
* Assist in providing representation in meetings of appropriate local groups/forums
* Ensure multi agency working and liaison is maintained, to monitor effectiveness of referral policy and other policies concerning referrals.
* Assist with undertaking talks and presentations to local groups and agencies on the work of Paws for Kids Endeavour Project and Domestic Abuse issues generally
* Assist with the development of links with other partnerships / agencies, which enable relevant enhancements to service delivery for BME families experiencing Domestic Abuse.
* Work in conjunction with the Police and partnered agencies, ensuring that Paws for Kids stays at the forefront of relevant initiatives
Monitoring & Development
* Assist with the monitoring, evaluation and management of the work undertaken to achieve set targets as directed by the Operations Manager & Director of Services
* Assist with auditing, developing and evaluating equal opportunities in all aspects.
* Work directly with the Director of Services & Operations Manager to develop the service
* Maintain with other staff members the day to day running and security of the Endeavour Project office / premises; and to ensure the day to day administration of the Service is carried out efficiently.
Liaise closely with the Director of Services, Operations Manager and the Board of Trustees regarding the work and development of Paws for Kids Endeavour Project IDVA service; to liaise with all relevant agencies professionally with regards to the project and to promote the work of Paws for Kids Endeavour Projects.
Assist with undertaking talks and presentations to local groups and agencies on the work of IDVA service and Domestic Abuse issues generally
Implement and abide by all policies and procedures, including procedures and policies of partner agencies.
Work closely as a team with other staff members, and to provide cover for sickness/annual leave as directed by the Director of Services
Undertake any other tasks and responsibilities as deemed necessary by The Director of Services, Operations Manager & Board of Trustees
Hours of Work:
37 hours per week
Some weekend & evening work may be required