Teacher of Science
- is required in this high performing Secondary Academy in Scunthorpe. The school follows a strong ethos that every child will achieve and encourage students to take part in all elements of the school. 39% of students in Year 11 gained at least 5 in English and Maths and 62% at 4+ in their 2018 GCSE results, The school has an above average progress 8 score of 0.44.
In addition we are very keen to hear from teachers who thrive in high achieving school's challenging both themselves and their students to achieve outstanding results.
Purpose of the job:
* Carrying out the professional duties of a teacher as circumstances may require and in accordance with academy policies, under the direction of the Principal.
* Promoting the achievement of high standards through effecting teaching and learning within subject area(s), preparation, evaluation and action planning.
* Modelling the vision and values of the academy.
* Being part of the team driving the development of the academy to become an ‘outstanding’ academy.
* Receiving and acting on feedback to build on the strengths and improve personal performance within the academy systems.
* Contributing, where appropriate, to implementing policies and practice and to promote collective responsibility for their implementation.
* Taking into account and constantly reviewing academy contextual factors and prior attainment when planning and teaching lessons.
* Working in a cross-curricular way to support subjects across the academy in the use of active learning approaches to enrich curriculum and skills delivery.
* Recognising, promoting and celebrating diversity.
NQT's are encouraged to apply.
SAAF Supply connects professionals to roles that meet their needs and career goals. We do this by spending time getting to know your aspirations and strengths, and match these to suitable roles.
We aim to build a lasting relationship with you so that we can develop a network of professionals to improve the local education landscape. And most importantly, we enable you to inspire students to reach their full potential.
Benefits of working for SAAF Supply:
* We offer you a wide range of opportunities to work in a variety of educational settings including: Mainstream Primary and Secondary schools and academies, pupil referral units (PRU), special educational needs (SEN) and alternative provision (AP).
* We offer regular professional development opportunities through workshops and lesson observations including support and guidance around:
* Basic awareness of child protection and safeguarding
* Effective behaviour management approaches
* Special educational needs and disabilities advice
* Introduction to effective lesson planning
* Assessments for learning overview (AFL)
* Effective questioning techniques
* School performance measures
If you are interested in this role or would like to know more, please get in touch ASAP