Job Title: BIM Technician- MEP (Contract)
First People Solutions are currently working alongside a leading M&E Consultancy to recruit for an experienced BIM Technician to join their growing Glasgow practice on an ongoing contract basis.
Our client have established a strong presence within the UK’s M&E consultancy sector through their provision of contemporary and innovative design solutions to a diverse portfolio of clients. Having been within the market over the past 20 years the company have successfully built and maintained strong working relationships with a range of clients within the Educational, Healthcare, Leisure and Industrial sectors across the country.
By undertaking the role of BIM Technician you will be joining a team of experienced building services professionals to support the increase in workload of complex and challenging projects.
The main responsibilities include:
* Providing innovative and sustainable MEP Engineering design systems for a range of projects within the retail, residential and educational sectors
* Producing and developing drawings related to general arrangements, layouts and schematics
* Supporting the team of engineers and technicians towards final project from initial concept to completion
* Working closely with engineers and external stakeholders to ensure that all projects meet all client requirements successfully
The successful candidate will ideally possess the following skills and experience:
* Previous experience working within a Building Services environment
* Experience working on a range of project types within the educational, retail and residential sectors
* Proficient in the use of Autodesk Revit and ability to comply with all relevant BIM/CAD standards
* Previous experience implementing Level 2 BIM Revit MEP and creating standard MEP Revit Templates across the design team.
* Strong communication skills to work closely with fellow technicians and engineers and to successfully maintain positive client relationships
This is a great opportunity to join a busy M&E consultancy who will ensure to provide you with a diverse range of work to expand your existing project portfolio.
If you are interested in this position please apply online by attaching an up to date CV, or please call Aimee Watt on (phone number removed) if you would like to hear more information on this position