Job Title: Senior Payroll Adviser
Salary: up to £28k
As well as providing a supportive and friendly work environment, they also offer the following perks:
CIPP Scheme (Certificate Institute of pay roll & pensions), Clear career pathway with support and funding for professional development, BUPA cash plan, Generous pension scheme, Generous annual leave entitlement, Non-contractual annual bonus, Childcare vouchers, Cycle to work scheme, Free, regular health and wellbeing assessments, Charity fundraising events, Company socials
Our Client is Based in Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire, and established in 1993, they are a specialist provider of HR and Payroll services. Employing almost 170 people, they are regarded as the most experienced and knowledgeable provider of these services, with c.1,300 education sector customers. Their culture is unique and is based upon its motivated and passionate staff, and as a result, they ensure they put their people first and allow them to flourish and grow.
Their performance in the market has been, and continues to be, exceptional, resulting in significant growth year after year. The Company’s plan for the future is to continue this growth, increasing our geographical reach and consider expanding the services offered.
To ensure outstanding customer service across the organisation by delivering, and supporting colleagues to deliver expert payroll administration, advice and guidance in a timely and effective manner. You will be constantly striving to improve the efficacy and professionalism of working practices to meet the company’s objectives of ‘clarity and consistency’ and working ‘smarter not harder’ to facilitate an increase in customer base whilst maintaining and improving customer service.
As a Senior Payroll Adviser your key responsibilities will include:
* Manage a portfolio of schools on all aspects of payroll (start-finish), consisting of multiple monthly pay dates and differing terms and conditions across employers.
* Accurately input payroll data, balance reports and dispatch payrolls to schools, meeting required audit checks.
* Process various statutory forms for example: P45s, Starter Declarations, Student Loans, P60, and P11d’s. Comply with the requirements for Auto Enrolment and Real Time Information.
* Liaise proactively with HR colleagues to ensure that all contractual changes are administered effectively in time for payroll deadlines.
* Respond to enquiries from third parties on payroll related issues, including correspondence with statutory bodies such as HMRC, Local Government Pension Scheme, Teachers’ Pensions and third party providers.
* Apply statutory provisions including, PAYE, National Insurance, Statutory Sick Pay, Statutory Maternity Pay, Statutory Adoption Pay, Student loans and Attachment to Earnings Orders.
* Manually calculate salary changes where necessary including back pay, overpayments, leavers, annual leave and other ad hoc manual payments.
* Process data, edit, revise and print letters, tables, reports and other materials as appropriate.
* Complete monthly and annual Local Government and Teachers’ Pension returns in accordance with statutory deadlines.
* Answer queries from allocated schools and assist with other team members’ queries; create and uphold sound customer relationships at all times.
* Understand the different types of customer and respond and communicate effectively and flexibly via telephone, email or other methods, in a professional manner to ensure that customers receive timely, accurate and valued advice.
* Train and support new payroll colleagues
* Deputise for the manager in their absence
As a successful Senior Payroll Adviser, you will have the following skills and experience:
* Five 9 - 4 GCSEs including Maths and English, or equivalent
* Previous experience working within a payroll/finance environment
* Ability to prioritise and work well under pressure to meet strict deadlines
* High level of numeracy and ability to deal accurately with manual calculations of a complex matter
* Ability to establish excellent working relationships and gain credibility with a range of clients
* Ability to contribute to a strong team working culture, motivating and supporting fellow team members
* Ability to demonstrate careful attention to detail and accuracy
* Good ICT skills including use of Microsoft Office
To apply for the position of Payroll Administrator please click on button shown or contact Simon Hogg directly for further information