DesignBuild Search have a Environmental, Health, & Safety Officerposition available with a leading energy provider. The position will be based at a number of their sites including a bioenergy site in North Dublin.
Role and Responsibilities:
* Ensure the Company meets its statutory obligations in all areas pertaining to health, safety, environment and welfare at work, including statutory training and reporting.
* Implementation of comprehensive HSE policies, procedures, safety rules.
* Ensure legal compliance with HSE regulations by regular review of HSE Management System, and communication of changes as necessary.
* Ensure compliance with IE licencing requirements and other regulatory requirements for the plants.
* Develop and implement safe systems of work across the site.
* Keep up to date with all aspects of relevant HSE legislation and communicate relevant changes to the business.
* Deliver Health & Safety induction programmes for contractors and employees working on site.
* Ensure training for all employees on HSE matters is kept up to date.
* Ensure that job specific Health & Safety plans, risk assessments and method statements are prepared and reviewed for all work.
* Carry out risk assessments across the sites, and consider how risks could be reduced.
* Carry out routine inspections and site audits and ensure all corrective actions are tracked and completed in a timely manner.
* Ensure that all accidents are reported, recorded and investigated and that suitable corrective measures are put in place.
* Record incidents and accidents and produce reports and statistics to best industry practice.
* Outline safe operational procedures which identify and take into account all relevant hazards.
* Work with external consultants as necessary to extend ISO (phone number removed) & OHSAS (phone number removed) accreditation to sites.
* Liaise with the Health and Safety Authority and Environmental Authority as required.
The Ideal Candidate Will Have:
* You will need a Third Level degree in Health and Safety or related discipline.
* Experience in the Energy, Bioenergy, Renewables, Utilities, or Construction sectors