SEN- SEMH Teaching Assistant required for an immediate start!
Empowering Learning are currently recruiting on behalf of a SEN- SEMH school in Bolton for a full time SEMH Teaching Assistant. The school caters for children in key stage 2 and 3 and is committed to creating a happy, safe and stimulating learning environment where everyone is encouraged to reach their potential.
The role and responsibilities for a SEN- SEMH Teaching Assistant may consist of the following:
* To support teachers in providing a learning environment that meets the intellectual, sensory and personal development needs of children
* To support teachers in providing a learning environment that meets the spiritual, moral, social and cultural needs of children
* To support teachers in establishing, evaluating and reviewing of behaviour management strategies
* To support pupils in the achievement of their individual learning and behaviour targets
* To contribute to the safety of the pupils
* To contribute to reviews and assessments and maintain accurate, up-to-date records as required
* To implement school policies and procedures to ensure the health, safety and general welfare of children
* To utilise a range of ICT tools and resources
The successful SEN- SEMH Teaching Assistant will help to provide support to students who's needs are not best met in a mainstream setting. The role of a SEN- SEMH Teaching Assistant can be challenging and requires determination and resilience to help change the lives of some of the most vulnerable children and young adults within our society. Support will need to be provided in both an emotional and educational manner.
If you have experience of working with children or young adults with social, emotional, mental health needs then do not hesitate to get in touch.
A Team Teach certificate is desirable but not essential as training for this can be provided.
Empowering Learning is a teacher training and placement consultancy who specialise in the training and placement of both overseas and UK trained teachers. We have ex Ofsted Inspectors, QTS Specialists and ex Leadership Teachers working in the office to support all our staff throughout their journey. Empowering Learning Ltd is a committed Equal Opportunities Employer and therefore will not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, ethnicity, disability or sexual orientation. Please note that successful applicants will be asked to apply for an enhanced DBS check via the Disclosure and Barring Service