Highly motivated HR professional seeking a HR challenge which I can develop myself throughout. I am an honest, loyal and extremely hard worker with high standards. With a combination of great IT skills and my multi HR experience within different industries - you will find yourself with an invaluable employee.
● Part of the HR Senior Management team managing 4 HR Co-ordinators and 1 Eligibility & Compliance Specialist.
● Private Healthcare company employing 16,500 employees Nationally across the UK.
● Responsible for the Administration and Compliance function of the HR Department.
● Lead signatory for the company for all contractual documentation and for regulatory bodies including National Midwifery Council (NMC), Disclosure Barring Service (DBS), Scottish Social Services Council (SSSC), Protection Vulnerable Groups (PVG), Social Care Wales (SCW).
● Managing all contractual aspects for Overhead employees including joiners, leavers and transfers.
● Creation of a new HR Administration Induction for the onboarding of all 210 Home Administrators. Embedding new process within the business, ensuring all new Home Administrators are taken through the process and existing Administrators are taken through a variation of this to ensure skills are up to date.
● Part of various working groups within the Company to provide HR advice to new processes, regulations and systems within the business including E-Recruitment systems to takeover manual process, GDPR data regulations, E-rostering function to take over manual process.
● Lead for management of Regulatory Referrals being processed to Regulatory Bodies including NMC & DBS.
● Co-ordination of Care Home "Audit" visits to ensure HR processes are being managed effectively.
● Handling of all contractual terms, settlement agreements, disciplinary/grievance, absence of Company Executive and Senior Management team ranging from Regional Directors through to CEO of the Company.
● Creating and updating of all internal HR related policies, ensuring management guidance is updated and trained appropriately.
● Running a monthly Board Report for the Executive Team of the Company to include employee statistics including joiners, leavers, referrals, sickness absence, exit interview completion, top level departmental updates focusing on monthly achievements and projects being worked on.
● Standalone HR Position for Jurys Inn Hotel, Inverness as part of the Senior Management Team.
● Managing all end to end recruitment through Amris system (online application system).
● Onboarding new hires, providing full induction schedule to ensure retention of new employees.
● Internal employee training through online "GROW" system - ensuring new employees complete mandatory training within 1st three months and then able to recommend other relevant training specific for their position.
● Organising external required training such as First Aid at Work, Fire Marshall and Personal Licence Holder.
● Facilitating external training for other Jurys Inns Hotels ensuring cost effective training throughout the company.
● Handling all employee relation cases in terms of welfare, absence, family friendly, performance management, disciplinary & grievance.
● Implementation of new policies and delivery of training of new policies.
● Running workshops & providing coaching to managers/employees on various policies and processes i.e. probation process, absence procedure, investigations.
● Working closely with Hotels General Manager on all aspects of the Hotel Management.
● Assisting with "Duty Manager" duties when required - ensuring hotel keys are all accounted for at all times.
● Attendance at weekly operational meetings ensuring Hotel is running smoothly and working towards budget and ensuring staffing levels for Hotel events.
● Payroll forecasting and budgeting.
● Handling Payroll queries and updating SAP for Payroll.
● Managing payroll consultation for change to pay date due to new pay system & supporting the business changing from written timesheets to clock in and out fingerprint scanning system for SAP.
● Employee Engagement - organising all engagement activities for employees; summer event, christmas party, monthly engagement calendar with key events, employee of the month, manager of the quarter & employee of the year, Voice Committees and staff lunches.
● Management of employee succession for the Hotel, working with General Manager and Regional Manager to ensure development of High Potentials and placement of employees onto relevant programmes to give them the development required to move onto other roles within the business.
● Administration of all personnel files - including creation and variations - ensuring TUPE employees remain under terms of original contract.
● Management of employee holidays, ensuring all are used before year end and ensuring staff cover where appropriate.
● Ensuring the Property (Hotel) is always up to date for it's annual Property audit and that we remain compliant especially in critical areas such as eligibility, first aid/fire trained ratio of managers/employees to staff/hotel guests. Achieved a 93% "Green" Audit, after joining the hotel at a non-compliant "red" audit state.
● Selected to be a "Stay Happy" Ambassador and Team Trainer of Hotels new branding and initiative. Ensuring all employees across Scotland received the relevant training and materials within their hotel. Running the training within Inverness to all new hires.
June 2014 to July 2016
● Owner of new hires leavers processes
● End to End recruitment
● Prepare and process all employment related documentation
● HRIS Management, owner of HR data
● Contractual variations management
● Approximately 500 employees situated in UK, Norway, Gulf of Mexico, Angola & Malaysia
● Policy creation, implementation and maintenance
● Internal training & Assisting with Learning Needs Analysis
● Coordinating Annual Employee Appraisals
● Coordination of employee reviews; probation and annual
● Management of HR metrics incl. headcount, attrition, absence, pension reports, company expenditure
● Responsible for Apprenticeship Trainee programmes
● Co-ordination of Assessment Centres for recruitment purposes
● Absence Management
● Disciplinary Process/Performance Management
● Introduction of PeopleSoft (Oracle) Globally and appointed "superuser" for UK
● Internal HR Auditing
● Creation of onboarding schedules and induction plans
● Maintain company organisation charts
● Supporting business specific projects
● Supporting succession planning for the business
Took on a temporary role to assist in my relocation to The Highlands and searching for HR position
Temporary HR role while awaiting my move to The Highlands
Working as part of the UK HR team for a global energy corporation. Our HR team dealt with various countries providing HR advice and handling recruitment, payroll, employee absences, disciplinary & grievances, employment transfers and redundancies.
● Changing the HRIS system over from ADP to PeopleSoft (Oracle)
● Liaising with HR and other professionals globally
● Assisting in my first Employment Tribunal case
Temporary HR role while awaiting my move to The Highlands
Temporary contract to assist Personnel team to move onto PeopleSoft as their HRIS system. This required a lot of data cleanse and re-formatting of company organisational chart. Creating job-titles within system and ensuring all company/staff information was up to date and relevant.
*****After finishing with Amazon, our family decided it was the right time to relocate to The Highlands. I made a career decision at this point to only take on temporary positions in Fife until our move date of October 2013*****
Working as part of the HR team in Dunfermline (EDI4) site for Amazon UK. I worked within the Labour Management division which mainly focused on temporary recruitment and liaising with our on-site agencies to ensure the site had enough workforce each day to meet consumer demand.
● Becoming the site's subject matter expert for the clock-in system AT Server, providing training to new hires on the system to ensure compliance at all times.
● Developing a UK tracker for disclosure checks ensuring that all temporary workers had the relevant background checks and that Disclosure Scotland were meeting their SLA's. A weekly conference call was established with the UK HR Manager and a representative from HR team from each UK site to discuss any cases which were not meeting SLA.
● HR Projects - successfully researching and reporting on a mystery shopper project for Amazon UK.
● Enhancing my Microsoft Excel skills by appointing a mentor from the Business Analysts team to develop my skills where possible.
● Developing a site specific absence metrics dashboard to determine by day/shift/agency where the site was short in workers from absence also including attrition and overtime within.
● Assisting with the Fun Committee and organising many events for the full workforce within Dunfermline including - Summer BBQ, Christmas Party, Family day & "Peak Fun".
● Learning about standard work and helping to implement it into our site.
part time 8 hours per week.