An accomplished HR Professional with considerable experience in HR covering HRM Strategy, People and Performance management, Resourcing, Reward and Recognition, Payroll and Benefits, Policy and Procedures and Employee relations including TUPE and Acquisitions. Succession planning and employee engagement.
SOUTHERN COMMUNICATIONS LTD
SENIOR HR MANAGER - 19th Mar 2018 - present
One of the leading companies in providing seamless Telecoms service
• Set up a full HR function to all locations within the group
• Implemented a full HR Process including starter process, right to work, return to work and other relevant documents
• Lead and successfully completed the full GDPR process
• Implemented a HR System
• Liaised with the Integration Director and assisted with TUPE
• Created a recruitment process for all departments
• Analise agency spend and reducing in last 6 months
• Introduced an annual PDR process
• Delivered a consistent disciplinary process across all locations
• Created job specs for all roles
• Working towards ISO 27001
• Launch of EAP program for all employees
• Review and launch of handbook policies and modern slavery statement
• Co-ordinate a full managerial training program
• Senior Lead in closure of office and subsequent redundancies
Working for one of Europe's largest and fastest growing technology distribution and specialist service providers with a turnover of £2.69 billion. Responsible for managing the day to day function of the HR Operations and payroll function supporting the business across 8 locations with 1300 employees.
* With a team of 7 staff provided a HR support service to all locations specialising in Payroll and benefits, Recruitment, HR system administration support and health and well being
* Realigned the team dynamics to achieve reduced absence costs, improved staff retention and reduced recruitment costs.
* Employing an internal recruiter and engaging with independent job sites I achieved a saving of £350,000 on recruitment costs, at peak times I had 90 roles to recruit for across all of the businesses in different locations across the uk.
* Ran workshops for creating ability test which were competency based to assist as part of the recruitment process.
* Created and ran recruitment training workshops for all managers, this helped enhance the timescales for getting offers out to candidates as managers were equipped with what was needed to take right to work and ID at the interview stage avoiding unnecessary delays.
* As part of the more senior recruitment hiring personality tests and psychometric testing was used for all senior roles and provided feedback to hiring managers and candidates prior to interview stage.
* Successfully worked in a team co-ordinating all aspects of TUPE and acquisitions including due diligence and consultations.
* Diligently and sensitively dealt with various ER related duties including redundancy and settlement agreements. Ensured that the employees exiting the business were treated fairly and with a quick turnaround to prevent unnecessary anxiety or issues
* Co-ordination of regular induction for new recruits ensuring a smooth onboarding experience
* Managed and owned the budget and procedures for resourcing and retention at all levels across all locations
* Ensured that all company policies were current and covered all relevant legislation - launched to all employees
* Co-ordinated with stakeholders to implement succession planning
* Worked with HRBP and HRD project on employee engagment
* Created and delivered management training courses including such topics as: disciplinary issues and performance management
* Adviser to senior team for investigatory or disciplinary issues and managed the end to end process
* Managed reporting for long term absence, sickness and medical referrals
* Completed and reviewed job applications and new employment details ensuring that all employees including long service had the up to date right to work and necessary ID.
* Launched and revised the company hand book along with all company policies on an annual basis or as and when legislation changed.
* Facilitated assessment centres to support mass recruitment and graduate entrance schemes at least twice a year.
* Reviewed and implemented a new HR and Payroll system streamlining payroll processes and creating a management information database.
* Implementation of Performance management and PIP process
Management and ownership of the budget for resourcing and retention and the procedure for all positions across all locations
* Co-ordinated and attended job fairs promoting Micro P for candidate attraction
* Creation of preferred supplier lisitng of agencies and negotiated reduced standard across all locations
* Pro-actively challenged existing polices and suggest alternatives, successfully integrated in line with the business strategy
* Created and implemented new job profiles and competencies, for all positions.
* Managed a team of two staff to assist with payroll and HR advise
* Introduced a new Absence and long term sickness policy
* Successfully trained managers in absence handling
* Provided headcount MI as required by the board.
* Completed and review of all job applications and new employment details.
* Report of all headcount and payroll reports for finance
* Managing of holidays sickness and absences for all managers
* Advice and support in disciplinary issues and follow through procedures
* Successful run and managed all payroll for 3 sites and reports for financial journals
* Managed pension and health care benefits improved packages and cut overall costs
* Managed and process all year end implications and process of P11'ds.
* Successful performance managed one member of staff.