A proficient IT expert with a wealth of experience gained across different IT functions, technologies and a wide range of industries. A proven problem solver with strong analytical skills and a can do attitude. A proven relationship builder, customer focused and an essential link between the technical specialist's customer stakeholders and the people using the technology.
* Analytical and an excellent trouble-shooter
* Personable and customer focused
* Efficient problem solving ability
* Excellent technical ability
* Strong leadership skills
* Team player and an effective contributor
* Excellent communication skills
* Adaptable and fully flexible
* Full UK Drivers Licence and willing to travel
TECHNICAL AND SYSTEMS KNOWLEDGE
* TCP/IP and DHCP (Support).
* Cisco ISE
* Active Directory
* MS Office up to 2016. Setup, Config & Support
* Windows up to 10. Setup, Config & Support
* MS Lync 2010, 2013 plus Skype for Business 2016
* Various Remote access tools.
* Various email clients Outlook to 2010 & MAC 2011 and 2016, Thunderbird, MAC Mail
* Google Mail
* Terminal Server / VPN & SSL VPN.
* Citrix 11 and 12 client Config
* Windows NT, 2000 & 2003 server including Active Directory. Setup, Config and Support.
* MS Exchange 5.5 & 2000. Setup, Config and Support.
* Dell, HP, IBM. Server & Desktop. Setup, Config & Support.
* Toshiba, IBM, Dell Laptops. Setup, Config and Support.
* MS SQL Server 2000. (Support).
* Kerparsky Anti-Virus Software
* Managed Engine Services Desk Plus v8
* Sophos, McAffee & AVG antivirus software, Mimesweeper & Zone Alarm. Support.
* Symantec Ghost 11.5.1
* Blackberry Cloud BAS and various devices.
* Blackberry. Support.
* FAST Approved Software Manager. (Lapsed)
* Backup Exec & Ultrabak Support.
* Enterprise Vault
* Sun Secure Global Desktop
a project to move to Cisco ISE environment, changing IP addresses from public to private ranges and implement 802.1x authentication within the Kings College London estate. My role was desktop deployment and customer stakeholder management lead including 3rd party suppliers, identifying making initial contact and providing a high level explanation of the project to them and the affect it would have on their departments. On the technical side, taking part in the identification of devices that would stop working if the IP address just changed, i.e. printers, servers, NAS drives, Audio Visual equipment, freezers, device charging stations, library systems, refrigerated vending machines, microscopes, blood analysers, tills and building alarm and door entry systems. Resolving any post change issues.
of new students. Carried out a computer refit of the student computer rooms. Carried out the configuration of Samsung MFDs on to the network and Paper Cut (follow me printing). Day to day support of administrative and Academic staff, moves installs and configuration, incident resolution plus advice and guidance.
July 2013 - August 2013
Providing the audit for two major moves involving both administrative and academic staff and then provided technical support during and post move.
April 2013 - June 2013
Provided the deployment side of a domain consolidation project, providing post migration support.
September 2012 - March 2013
Worked as part of a small team providing project delivery of an email migration from an outsourced Exchange 2007 environment to Microsoft's Office 365 cloud service, responsibilities included giving advice and support to IT customers at all levels of the organisation. Provided campus based Blackberry drop in centres so that for a few days post migration people could bring us their blackberries for re-activation onto the new service. Provided testing and support for the upgrade of Office 365 to wave 15.
IT Support (Contract)
April 2012 - August 2012
Worked as part of the Harrow refresh team, phone system upgrades and Novell Netware to Windows Active Directory and Novell GroupWise to Exchange 2010 upgrade. Working on the desktop deployment side of the project, performing pre-migration checks to ensure the PCs (Windows XP) have SP3, are in the AD domain and have Outlook 2010 and Citrix 12.1. Providing floorwalker services on migration days configuring Outlook where required including shared email accounts and answering questions and reconfiguring the Neoware Citrix terminals. Provisions of post migration second line support across all Council locations.
IT Technical Assistant (Contract)
February 2012 - March 2012
Laptop, Desktop builds and data migration for PCs and MACs, using Symantec Ghost. Working in a team of 7 providing support and delivery of ICT services to 418 people across the various advertising and PR agencies in the group.
Email Migration Engineer (Contract)