Highlights of Expertise
• Strategic Planning • Project Management • Business Development
• Change Management • Lean Manufacturing • Budget Management
• Operations Management • Product Development • Team Building & Leadership
• Process Improvement
• Quality Management
• Performance Management
• Supply Chain Management
• Contract Negotiations
• Facilities Management
Directed operations for product release and field deployment, delivering double digit growth year over year (YoY) with operating profit (OP) of more than 35%. Drove continuous process improvement, developing supply chain
strategy. Spearheaded employee engagement initiatives, championing corporate social responsibility (CSR)
programmes and fostering effective customer relationships. Held full P&L responsibility ($65m yearly).
• Led business growth and development, growing Glasgow operation from university start up to $26m in six
years; site earned Business of Year 2017.
• Boosted employee engagement scores by 27% by introducing CSR programme.
• Streamlined operations, consolidating manufacturing to one site and reducing headcount by 20%; improved
gross margin from 40% to 49% (Belfast) and 71% to 71.2% (Glasgow) 2017 -2018.
• Spearheaded performance improvements, boosting on-time delivery (OTD) to more than 95% for 11 out of
12 months and moving Belfast site to top five performing companies out of 73 in group; improved stock turn
from 8 in 2017 to 12 in 2018.
• Gained approval for £600k funding application for employee three-year training proposal through federal
• Drove EHS disciplines resulting in 1.5m hours without lost time in Belfast and 850k hours in Glasgow.
• Reaccreditation in 2018 on IIYP (Investors in Young People) to top award of Gold, and IIP (Investors in People) to top award of Platinum, (Glasgow) and Belfast IIP Silver award at first attempt.
Doubled business turnover between 2014 and 2016 by championing new products in existing and emerging markets.
Developed and implemented field service growth strategy. Held full P&L responsibility
• Improved gross margin performance from 45% to 71.2%.
• Drove continuous process improvements, delivering OP of more than 35%, developing supply chain strategy,
and implementing operational efficiencies through lean sigma deployment, resulting in zero lost-time
• Designed and implemented a project management process to manage contracts
• Launched employee development programmes, introducing partially government-funded
apprenticeship/graduate training scheme.
• Managed inventory, reducing gross inventory by 30% in 2015.
• Managed $1.6m consolidation building project, delivering it under timeframe and budget while negotiating
government funding of $400k.
• Oversaw development of Middle East and Far East markets, driving end-user product specifications
• Site Lead on implementation and development of Oracle ERP system.
Managed operations for manufacturing and supply of portable and systems-based gas detection equipment to various worldwide markets. Led resource and process improvement, developing ERP/MRP system functionality using
lean Six-Sigma tools to eliminate waste. Negotiated cost-effective commodity agreements and schedules with key
suppliers. Trained and mentored line managers.
• Played key role in business growth of 30% in four years through deployment of Lean Sigma processes,
improving OTD from averaging 65% to sustained 98% and improving out of box quality to < 1000dpm.
• Redesigned supply chain strategy delivered 10% improvement in gross margin.
• Implemented Surface Mount Technology (SMT), achieving payback in less than nine months and realising
yoy savings of £90k per annum.
I was seconded to a recent M&A and tasked with OTD, productivity, and quality target achievement; I re-structured
operations resources to a flat clearer reporting mechanism and developed business resources through the ERP
system. I managed the operations budget, reducing material costs through sourcing from low-cost countries and a Six Sigma-based process control implementation programme. I cultivated supplier and customer relationships through a valued-partner focus.