Master of Management and Professional Accounting with a wide range of experience in many areas.
An experienced and qualified payroll professional. Able to work to tight deadlines to produce error free payrolls. Well versed in producing holiday, sick and maternity pay as well as calculating variable changes correctly. Regular liaison with HMRC and am familiar with all tax forms and when they need to be delivered. Experience in liaising with Auditors on an annual basis and providing data for Audit reconciliations. Responsible for posting the general ledger and other payroll journals, reconciling payroll accounts and reporting and providing accurate data to the Finance team/Manager.
Offering over 20 years of experience with an effective, analytical approach to identifying and solving complex problems
• Deal with numerical data and complex calculations frequently, have a high level of numeracy and an aptitude for math's and accountancy
• Deliver accurate net-pay to employees, make statutory deductions & submit accurate tax reports to HMRC
• Can manually calculate & issue out of cycle payments by BACS transfer
• Planning an approach with a hierarchy of importance to an extensive list of monthly tasks being able to decipher which tasks need immediate attention without compromising the monthly payroll cycle
• Excellent knowledge in tax deductions & national insurance payments to comply with employment law
• Excellent at confirming hours worked & dealing with variable payments, ensuring pay is made accurately
• Prioritizing work, initiate, plan & co-ordinate assignments to ensure all deadlines are adhered to
• Managed a team of two Payroll Administrator's, encouraging, training on new systems & developing throughout their employment
• Very organised, plan & write lists of work schedule preventing mistakes & anything being missed
• Excellent attention to detail, understands that accuracy is key & the importance of this & the knowledge of knowing it's a big responsibility dealing with anything financial
• Excellent communicator with the ability to explain to colleagues about their pay & how it is calculated, dealing monthly with a number of payroll queries & managing successful resolution
• Knowing that a data leak of sensitive information can be extremely damaging to the business & employee & understand the security and privacy protocols of the organisation
Advanced Excel, Word, SAP, Duet for Windows, Moore Pay, Resource Link, Barclays Internet Banking,
Keyboard Skills - 70 wpm
Processing payrolls for two UK sites, Basingstoke Approx. 400 employees and East Grinstead Approx. 180 Employees.
Co-coordinating all payroll controls to identify discrepancies and process necessary corrections.
Keying monthly payroll ledger and other journals into SAP.
Reconciling monthly payroll controls/accounts and reporting results to Finance Manager
Manage monthly drop in session for employees to resolve payroll related questions or problems
Ensuring that all payroll transactions, monthly and annual are properly recorded, filed and reported
Confidential administration of employee information & provision of necessary documents for retirements to pension provider
Reconciling monthly payments for third party providers (HMRC, Pension, AVC's and AOE's) and approving pay overs
Liaising with auditors annually and providing data and reports
Perform Tax Year End activities, providing benefit amounts for P11ds and submission of PSA
Thermo Fisher Basingstoke is the Microbiology Division of Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc which is an American biotechnology product development company located in Waltham Massachusetts, with revenues more than $20 billion & approximately 70,000 employees globally.
Roles with Thermo Fisher Scientific
Payroll Supervisor 1999- Present